Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Waiting Game

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting. Adoptive families all know how to wait. Some patiently, some not so patiently. It's interesting to watch LOA's and TA's come---some after just 60 some days of waiting, others well into the 100+. And the frustrating thing is not knowing if you'll be on the short end of the wait, or the long end.

Last year, when we were waiting for TA for Taylor, they seemed to speed up a bit, and I thought we might get ours near the beginning of May. Well, May rolled around, then crept by one day at a time, and no news for us. We were traveling, visiting from Tenessee to Kentucky to Michigan to Wyoming to Oregon. And wouldn't you know it, our TA arrived the day after we got to our last stop in Oregon. A gentle reminder that God's timing is perfect.

Here we are waiting again. We are on day 49---and counting. But, I think that I am waiting patiently this time around. I know that I can't do anything to speed it up or slow it down, so I just keep busy (and check my email, of course). We are remodeling a house this month to sell and help cover the expenses of this adoption, so days are spent painting and cleaning. So, we just wait to hear from our agency, and know that God is in control, and that His timing is perfect.

No comments: