Friday, August 10, 2007

A Beautiful Poem

My kids would probably laugh at me to hear that I found a poem I liked. I was the homeschool teacher/mom who skipped the poetry section year after year because I just don't get into poetry. But, I found this poem months ago and thought that it pretty much reflects how we felt about God's call on our lives to add Janelle to our family.

Every call has a beginning...
A quiet moment when God whispers a promise to a mother's heart
A holy place where a father bows and faithfully accepts the journey set before him.
A miraculous morning that unexpectedly dawns...
Casting its first light on a chosen threshold,
A gentle knock...a closed door opens.
A sacred invitation sent by the Father...
Leads to the other side of the world.

Where lonely hearts stare out orphanage windows
Praying for someone to care.

An then one morning...
On an ordinary day
An orphans life changes...
God sends them a second chance...

Through you.

No comments: