Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It's Our LOA Day!

It was a long morning. I knew that a package was due at our agency....I had the tracking number and was following it from China, to San Francisco, to Delaware. Then this morning there was a glitch in Delaware....incomplete address, and it was just sitting there waiting for someone to give them the full address. I was a bit worried that it might sit there for a day or two---and I wasn't ready to wait that much longer.

A couple of hours later, and the address was taken care of, and soon the package was delivered at the agency. So, I waited for the phone call I was expecting....and waited.....and waited. Nothing. Figured that the package was something other than for us, so I decided to go help Richard lay tile at the new house.

Kitchen floor looks great....at least for a bunch of amatures. We got about 1/4 of the living room floor down as well. We both have aching backs, and no hot tub to go sit in, but we'll survive. I brought the kids home while Richard stayed behind to clean up for awhile.

Checked my email when I got home.....and saw one from the agency. Our contact person had been out of the office when the package arrived, had just gotten back, and emailed us the great news that our LOA had arrived this morning. She has sent it on to us---we have to sign that yes, we still want to adopt this child---and send it back to China.

Now, the wait for TA begins! TA is travel approval, and should come anywhere from 2 to 5 weeks from now. The average is around 3 weeks, but the last families in our agency waited 5 1/2 weeks, while I read today of someone who only waited 2 1/2. Regardless, we won't be able to travel until the October holiday is over, so that might be around the 4th or 5th of October, IF everything comes through quickly.

But, we are getting closer to bringing Janelle home.

Let the TA count begin......

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Praying for a speedy TA!!!!!!

Lisa

Paul and Jackie said...

No TA YET???????????????????? I can't believe it!

Jackie